Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner, and operator is seeking a Land Administration Manager to join its growing Legal team. The Company has primary offices in Boston MA; Yarmouth ME; and Houston TX; this role may be based in any of these locations.
The Land Administration Manager role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, with significant oversight from the Director of Legal Project Management, the Land Administration Manager will have overall responsibility for administering Swift Current’s real estate agreements from inception through management of contract compliance and landowner payments during the development, construction, and operations phases of wind, solar, and battery storage projects. This role acts as liaison between Accounting, Development, Construction, Project Finance, Asset Management, and Legal for all land site control matters.
- Collaborate with development team and outside counsel to draft, negotiate, and finalize option agreements, leases, crossing consents and related site control agreements
- Collaborate across multiple internal departments to ensure all site control documents are completed with accuracy
- Update and maintain forms to be used in the drafting of such site control agreements
- Ensuring new site control agreements are recorded in the land records in a timely manner and coordinating with legal and landowner contacts to satisfy jurisdictional requirements;
- Conduct due diligence reviews of site control agreements and related real estate documents and assist the various teams for potential land acquisitions, project acquisitions, and financing transactions
- Coordinate with the Geographical Information System (GIS) Manager related to verified land control and status of land control as project land acquisition activities progress.
- Tracking of obligations and expirations of site control agreements
- Collaborate with finance and accounting departments to process and document lease and option payments
- Facilitate landowner onboarding requirements for including in the accounting system
- Establish and maintain a system to track lease payments, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Monitor and reconcile lease payment schedules, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations
- Ensures payment processes (fixed and royalty‐based) are executed efficiently, consistently and in accordance with site control agreements by the Development, Construction, and Asset Management teams
- Support internal stakeholders by responding to requests, researching land agreements and/or land data, compiling information/reports, examining data for making decisions and recommendations
- Communicate effectively with landowners regarding lease agreements, payments, and project updates
- Assist in the research and implementation of a land contract management system, including land management software, and then maintain such system to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Create reports on lease status, payment schedules, and land acquisition progress for management & project teams
- Prepare documentation required for internal and external audits
- Leads periodic reviews of existing site control (and related) systems and processes and recommends changes and/or improvements when applicable
Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth.
- Minimum of 5 years of working on large‐scale land or real estate transactions for a land developer, energy company, title company, and/or real estate law firm
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate leasing terms and financial principles
- Familiarity of the processes involved in land acquisition and administration for a variety of agreement types (e.g., leases, options, easements, etc.)
- Familiarity with land and lease management including land management software
- Preference for candidates who possess a basic to intermediate understanding of the renewable energy industry, specifically the various elements and phases of the solar, wind, and battery project development process. Applicable experience in the Oil and Gas industry would also be considered.
- Technical understanding of MS Office including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred; Paralegal Certificate a plus
- Current notary certification/license a plus, but not required
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- Strong decision‐making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to perform diverse and multi‐faceted tasks that reflect the dynamic responsibilities of a busy legal team
- Capacity to work efficiently and independently, as well as part of a team; to assume ownership of projects; and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, internal functions, outside counsels, vendors, and others
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.