Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner, and operator (the “Company”), is seeking an Associate to support the Company’s financial planning & analysis (FP&A) activities across the Company. The Company has primary offices in Boston MA; Yarmouth ME; and Houston TX; this role may be based in any of these locations, with a preference for the Maine or Boston offices.
The FP&A Associate role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company in a broad role with immediate impact. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
The primary responsibilities of the FP&A Associate include the following:
- At the direction of the Finance Manager, support FP&A activities, including budgeting, forecasting, planning, variance analyses, and financial modeling.
- Provide support to the annual budgeting process, consolidating inputs from across the organization including Project Development, EPC, Accounting and Project Finance to update forecasts, including supporting corporate enterprise modeling.
- Support the compilation of complex financial models and forecasts used in the Company’s project and corporate financing efforts.
- Contribute to the internal and external reporting processes, including Board reporting and analysis.
- Support the ongoing development of financial planning tools.
- Collaborate with the broader Accounting and Finance team.
- Ad hoc tasks as required from time to time.
Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth. This role reports to the Finance Man
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting FP&A activities in a project-driven, multi-entity organization.
- Industry background in power generation, particularly renewable energy, is desirable but not required.
- Advanced skills across the MS Office suite of tools, particularly financial modeling in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field is required.
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Self-motivated with a personal drive to succeed
- Collaborative and capable of working across functions and a geographically dispersed team
- Passion and excitement for the renewable energy sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.