Swift Current Energy, a renewable energy project developer, owner and operator (the “Company”) is seeking an Associate Director of Technology & Analytics. The Company has primary offices in Boston MA, Houston TX and Yarmouth ME; the preferred location for this role is Houston, though highly qualified candidates working within the contiguous U.S. may be considered.
The Company develops, builds, and operates wind, solar, and energy storage projects and has a need for a position to provide Energy Storage expertise and leadership to support project development, pre-construction and execution of energy storage construction projects. The Associate Director, Technology & Analytics role provides a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing, and rapidly growing renewable energy company. We value and reward initiative and emphasize a strong commitment to our employees and their responsibilities to their families. This position affords an excellent opportunity for professional growth, working alongside industry experts and leaders. Additional information on Swift Current, our projects and our team is available at www.swiftcurrentenergy.com.
The Associate Director, Technology & Analytics is responsible for planning, leading, and managing the engineering and data analytics activities of energy storage and wind projects to ensure market competitiveness, compliance with latest industry standards and operational excellence. The person in this role will work collaboratively with internal and external resources to establish internal technology assessment and analytical capability.
The Associate Director shall perform the following duties:
- Evaluate emerging storage technologies, configurations, use cases and revenue stacks in all major U.S. markets, including modeling dispatch strategies and optimizations for energy, capacity, and ancillary markets.
- Implement analytical tools for evaluation and optimization of designs.
- Support Business Development teams in the diligence, evaluation, and development of energy storage and wind projects.
- Support early-stage prospecting and development efforts for greenfield projects.
- Lead and drive necessary field studies, external project assessments, etc, as needed to support project development and advancement.
- Provide technical support in engineering and design matters, ensuring compliance with local regulations and standards to optimize designs.
- Develop CAPEX estimations for energy and wind projects including recommending and advising on the technology and projected cost projections in collaboration with procurement and pre-construction.
- Coordinate the preparation of technical specifications relating to energy storage systems, wind energy and other technologies as determined.
- Provide technical support to the Procurement team for the preparation and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Review the technical aspects of EPC bidder’s proposals pertaining to energy storage and wind during the EPC selection process.
- Assist with the successful turnover of projects to the Construction or Asset Management teams, ensuring coordination in the transfer of the project.
- Support Construction during the execution of energy storage projects. Manage commissioning, site acceptance testing and EMS integration.
- Communicate information continuously and effectively across functional teams; collaborate closely with various departments including Business Development, Finance, and Project Execution, to conduct technical planning and due diligence evaluations.
- Maintain and develop key strategic relationships with major vendors, suppliers, and contractors throughout the energy storage and wind industry.
- Lead the application of common standards in projects, supervising their adaptation to applicable local regulations, to avoid non-justified deviations and maximize the investment efficiency with all necessary technical warranties .
- Lead the team in defining and implementing engineering best practices.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes.
- Additional duties as required
This role reports to the Vice President, Energy Storage & Technology. The expected travel for this position is approximately 10%. Job responsibilities may evolve based on Company needs and individual career growth.
- Electrical Engineer with 5-10 years of combined technical, engineering and management experience in the energy industry. Master’s degree (in Electrical Engineering or related field) preferred.
- Experience in system level design, LCOE and LCOS optimization.
- Experience in programing, data analytics, management and visualization utilizing such tools as Python, mySQL, PowerBi.
- Experience in wind energy assessment and design is required.
- Knowledge of contracting EPC’s regarding energy storage projects (performance requirements, warranties, LD’s, etc.).
- Knowledge in estimating capital projects.
- Knowledge of engineering and market economics and design optimization.
- Strong existing relationships and familiarity with energy storage equipment vendors is required.
- High proficiency with the full suite of Microsoft Office products is required, particularly with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S.
- Strong technical, analytical, quantitative, and strategic skills.
- Management skills, with the ability to lead teams and collaborate across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and productively with limited supervision.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task, particularly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly ramp up to speed on all technical and commercial subjects related to renewable energy projects.
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to renewable energy, including civil and electrical engineering designs and detailed drawings, construction-related processes, environmental, and cultural studies.
- Works well under pressure and on a deadline.
- Business acumen and demonstrated strong project management skills.
Please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.